Picnic Table Policy
General Reservation Policies
- Tables are available by reservation through our Member Portal (Authorized Users Only), by phone or in person. We do not accept email reservations.
- To make a reservation by phone, please call the staff at 530-583-3820.
- To a make a reservation in person during summer months, please visit the beach hut by the main entrance between 9am - 5pm.
- If a table is a "no show" the reservation is void and table can be booked by another party
- No more than two "same table" reservations can be made when using the Park facility every day or evening. A different table must be reserved after two (2) days or evenings at the same table.
- The same table cannot be booked for three (3) or more consecutive days.
- For Large Parties refer to the Wedding and Large Party tab for policies. Multiple members cannot join table reservations to avoid the Large Event/50 person limit. If a member violates the maximum number of guests for a single event, whether for their own event or to facilitate others to host such an event, their privilege of reserving a table will be suspended for the remainder of the season.
- When making reservations online, the reservation ‘grid’ within the member portal will present the tables that have already been booked so you are able to customize your reservation day, time and desired table.
Availability for Members
- Reservations are accepted 30 days in advance, with 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time being the beginning of the 30 day window.
- Weekdays - Maximum of two (2) tables per day for each account.
- Weekends & Holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day - including adjacent days) - Maximum of one (1) table per day for each account.
Availability for Renters
- Short term renters and guests may only reserve tables up to seven (7) days in advance and must book through the staff at the Park.
Availability for Peak Periods (summer holidays and weekends)
- There is a six (6) hour limit for each reservation with two distinct reservation windows as noted below. Note that reservations can be less than six (6) hours but cannot be more than six (6) hours and cannot cross over from one reservation window to another.
1. Lunch / afternoon from 10am – 4pm (reservations must be completed by 4pm)
2. Dinner / evening from 4pm – 10pm (reservations cannot start until 4pm or later)
Small Party Policy
- If a member in good standing wishes to have a small party for a birthday party, kids outing, or similar, a special reservation must be made for groups up to 30 people.
- Tables 1,2,3 near the far north end of the park, or tables 17, 18, and 19 near the playground are preferred to accommodate this type of group. Members are responsible for letting their guests in the gate or informing the staff ahead of time. This type of event is available Monday thru Friday only, non-holiday. There is no charge for this type of event currently.
Cancellations Small Party Policy
- Please cancel your reservation if you cannot use the table so it can be made available to others.
- Reserved Tables will be held for one (1) hour after the reserved time. If the group does not show, the table may be reassigned by the beach staff.
Additional folding tables and chairs may be available through the staff on a first-come, first-served basis.
The above policies are taken from the LTPA Policy and Procedure Manual (2021), which can be viewed here.